Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back again

Sorry for the long absence but I wouldn't allow myself to post until I finished my Winter Challenge piece 'Icicles' and it is finally FINISHED and posted to the Challenge Quilts blog!!!! http://challengequilts.blogspot.com/ I posted all the details there so if you don't mind, I'll ask you to go there if you want to read how I made it. Plus it will give you a chance to see the great work all the others did.









While I was waiting for the glue on Icicles to dry, I worked on my lessons for an online class that I am taking with Ellen Lindner - Instant Art Quilts, http://www.adventurequilter.com/ . I got it right the first time!! She thought I had all my colors in the right place so I was very happy with that. Below is a picture of the fabric I used for it and the end result, as of now anyway. I think I will set it aside for now and later make an underwater scene with it unless it tells me it wants to be something different. I ended up only using the 1/2 yard piece and not the FQs that are pictured. Everything is torn and then fused to a muslin base. The 3 small pieces on the left are all I had left from the half yard piece.









I have some shibori and parfait pieces batching so hope to post some pictures of those results tomorrow night or Monday. I hope to start posting on a more regular basis but if I get behind again, I may have to restrict myself again!!

4 comments:

Thelma said...

Vickie, love your winter challenge. You done a fantastic job! Looking forward to seeing your class projects too. And your handdyes.

Unknown said...

Vicky,

This is Neil Atkin from the Sharon Schamber Network.

I have received your emails and I have responded to each of them. I think my reply might be getting caught by your spam filter.

If you could please call my office at 60-412-3670 I would be happy to help you fix your account with us.

Neil A
Sharon Schamber Network

Unknown said...

typo on the phone number
602-412-3670

Judi said...

Vicky, I love your challenge piece and the class project instant art is awesome. Did you just cup up your fabric and fuse it and that's it for the background. Neat effect.