Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ice dyeing - a little better explanation

When I have done my ice dyeing I soaked my fabric in soda ash, then scrunched it and put it into a cup or ziploc and put it into the freezer (double bag to protect food), try not to do into too tight a ball or the dye will never get to the inside. This time I just poured the dye over the frozen fabric and let batch on the counter for 24+ hours. About a year ago I did some pieces with fuchsia and jet black and it turned out really neat, I will see if I can find the fabric and put those photos up in a few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, okay, I see now...said the blind man. :)

Unknown said...

I have a piece of SA soaked piece out on the snow frozen solid even now. I'm just waiting for a day I can find time to break out the dyes!!!

You have some absolutely wonderful pieces!!
Kelly