I didn't get DHs quilt made yet but it is cut out and I will finally start sewing on it Thursday. I wasn't happy with the selection of fabrics I got so went out and got more, now I have 30+ reds and 30+ blacks and think it will be much nicer than less than 15 of each. Photos of some of the blocks next week.
Now for the tease in my title, here are the spirals I made, some for a swap and the extras for my stash. I used Dharma clear yellow and two of their new colors, carribean blue and imperial purple. The first picture shows the fabric tied up ready for dye, the next with the dye applied and then the results. The fabric in the smaller pieces is 1/9th yard and the larger piece is a FQ.






4 comments:
Really nice Vicky, hopefully I'll get one :D
Nice spirals. I have been seeing more and more spirals on cothing lately.
Hi new Lesser Know Skein! I love your blog and will visit and comment often.
So glad to have a quilter in the group!
What a terrific idea and gorgeous spirals. I can't wait to do so with my kids. Thank for the inspiring thought.
I was just modeling Talia for photos. No luck in keeping it as my daughter is very pleased with her first lace knit :D I guess I will have to knit my own after all the holiday knits...
You really should get your spindle out again and play with fiber. I don't seem to have enough of it...and my flock of spindles, wheels, and rovings are forever growing!
We had our hard freeze and now following by a few more days of rain :0( The warmth in the day was 38!!!!! I'd much rather be in your neck of the wood right now :D
Post a Comment